1) WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
See Board of Directors for individual contacts
2) WHAT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
The league supplies basic equipment including batting helmets, bats, balls and catcher’s gear however you may choose to purchase these on your own. Included in the registration fee are: uniform shirt, pants, socks, insurance, umpire fees, and basic equipment. You will need to provide:
* Softball Glove
* Sliding Pad
* Fielding Mask
3) WHERE, WHEN & WHAT DAYS ARE GAMES & PRACTICES?
- This year we will be assigning a week night for each division to play on.
- Practices will be at the discretion of the coach and subject to field availability.
- In addition we will host a weekly "Skills and Drills" night for each division when they are not scheduled for games so they can better learn the fundamentals.
- There will not be regularly scheduled games on Fridays and Sundays. Those days will only be utilized in the event games need to be made up.
4) WHERE & WHEN DO WE PLAY GAMES?
- Current fields used are Bird, Stone,Joe Morgan, JMS1 and JMS2. Other town fields may be added based on availability and needs of the league.
Please refer to the online calendar for specific field locations by team.
5) KEY DATES
See the main page for Registration, Opening Day, Skill Evaluations, and other important dates, however below are general guidelines:
Registration will typical open for Travel and Spring in January.
Pitching Clinic is typically held in February
Skill Evaluations (3rd grade -8th grade) is typically in early April
Opening Day is usually in late April
6) WHAT IF I WANT A REFUND?
Our goal is to be flexible and fair. Once teams have been formed and uniforms ordered, barring highly unusual or unforeseen circumstances, refunds are rarely issued.
7) Are there any SPECIAL TRAINING AND/OR CLINICS?
WGSA offers pitching & catching clinics as well as coaches orientation and training. Brand New Ballgame located in Wrentham offers private instructor led clinics and 1x1 lessons.
8) HOW CAN I HELP OUT?
There are many ways! Each team needs volunteers and your support is key to ensuring a successful league for the team. Your fees do not pay any salaries – we are all volunteers! Here are positions you may consider: Review and make sure this is applicable to your group…
- Head Coach or Assistant Coach: Primary role is to teach the girls good sportsmanship and softball fundamentals
- Team Parent: Administrative right arm of the Manager ensuring that non-operational tasks required are supported and that the league communication loop is open to all parents.
- Scorekeeper: Enter scores on website after each game
- Field Cleanup at beginning of season